Our program is available to self managed and plan managed NDIS packages. There are lines applicable including Core Support.
Encourage . Enable . Empower
Honeybee Creative is a daily program of musical, performing and creative arts therapy workshops for those with varying disabilities. We are Project based, focusing on personal and group goals.
Music . Voice . Movement . Video . Art . Production . Skills Development
- Develop and enhance self-esteem, social skills, leadership and communication abilities.
- Offer an alternative and creative form of independent expression.
- Encourage emotional self-expression, which can provide a meaningful outlet
- To be motivational, and help increase learning whilst stimulating communication and interaction.
- Provide therapeutic support that focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of the individual.
- Enhances the emotional, mental and physical well-being of those participating.
- Positively affects self-esteem and the ability to communicate feelings and to make own decisions.
- Cognitive abilities are exercised and the group settings provides an opportunity for constructive healthy interaction with others.
- Participants learn and develop skills/gifts/talents.
- Opportunity to perform on video and other situations.
Honeybee Creative Live Mentoring Sessions / Traineeships.
Honeybee Creative goes live Wednesday and Thursday.
Wednesday : Live at the Honeybee Creative Studio Gympie. Music creation, recording and movement.
Thursday : Live at Long Flat Hall. Movement, theatre sports and video production.
Honeybee Creative Mentoring Sessions
Our facilitators are available for online and in-person one-on-one sessions for mentoring. Including music, production, theatre and graphic design.
Honeybee Creative Online via Zoom Conferencing 10am – noon : 5 days a week
A typical day includes hellos (check in), breathing, stretching exercises, singing and vocal exercises, music creation, drama, dance, video production, improvisation and storytelling.
Monday : 45 minute guided yoga session with live improvised music. Music creation and musicianship. Outcomes include developing aural skills by exploring and imitating sounds, pitch and rhythm patterns using voice, movement, body percussion and instruments, creating compositions including soundscapes and songs.
Tuesday : Movement, vocal coaching and physical theatre. Outcomes include developing leadership, vocal communication skills, connecting mind and body through dance, movement and creative musical expression.
Wednesday : Zoom conference live from the Honeybee Studio. Musical therapy and musicianship. Outcomes include developing aural skills by exploring and imitating sounds, pitch and rhythm patterns using voice, movement, body percussion and instruments, creating compositions including soundscapes and songs.
Thursday : Zoom conference live from Long Flat Hall. movement and physical theatre. Outcomes include developing vocal communication skills, connecting mind and body through dance, movement and creative expression.
Friday : Zoom conference live from the Honeybee Studio. Facilitator Gillian “Gillzinni” Smith and her assistant Sarah Allen host art and craft sessions that use recycled and reused household items to create musical instruments. Crew members will learn a range of craft skills from mixing paint, making their own glue, to designing and building their own musical instrument using everyday materials.